We are Hiring!
Michael Marshall Design is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are dedicated to building an inclusive and supportive workplace for every member of our staff. Our world-class team is seeking a motivated and experienced architect with a minimum of 5 years experience, experienced spec writer, extremely knowledgeable in construction documents, proficient in Revit and with a proven leadership record.
If you are a team player and interested in working as part of a dynamic, multidisciplinary design collaborative, send us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Primary Responsibilities and Qualifications:
- Assist in the production of Construction Documents
- Provide Code Analysis (municipal, state, UBC and ADA)and be actively involved in code changes
- Lead a design team from design development through construction documents until
- Depending on the size of the project, serve as the Project Manager
- Excellent presentation skills, client/architect experience, and previous experience in public meetings
- Review and red mark construction documents, including but not limited to RFIs, shop drawings, requisitions, change orders, etc.
Ideal candidates must be familiar with the programs necessary to provide suggestions and construction review and possess the following set of skills to apply to the “Project Architect” position:
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience in the planning/implementation of major projects with exceptional experience in design
- Extensive knowledge in construction administration and spec writing
- Extensive design knowledge in commercial, institutional, and cultural buildings
- Knowledge of commercial, institutional, and cultural construction methodologies
- A strong understanding of commercial construction document preparation for building permitting in the Washington, DC metropolitan area
- Ability to communicate and coordinate project requirements with consulting engineers
- Fundamental understanding of master planning and preliminary site design
- Proficiency in CAD and REVIT
- Strong analytical skills
- Must have excellent written and oral communication and computer skills
- Team leadership, time-management, coordination and organizational skills
- Registered Architect
The following qualifications are not required, but are a plus:
- If not registered, must be in the process of registration
- Previous managerial experience
- Master’s degree in Architecture or similar
- LEED Certification
- Proficiency in Photoshop and InDesign